WA Family Violence Restraining Order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sarah1983

21 January 2018
Also you are right I am 100% better off without him in my life, I guess there's just a sense of justice not being served. He has lied to, cheated on and manipulated me, his ex wife and now his new girlfriend. And somehow always finds a way to get away with it. I know that sounds vindictive and like I want revenge, but it's more about people knowing the truth.

Sarah1983

21 January 2018
I'm just trying to interpret the terms of the order. The police didn't tell me I couldn't contact his family and the order doesn't say so either. I'm just looking for 100% clarification. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, it just doesn't seem fair that bad people can use the system to their advantage. Guess the system is flawed.

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok so theoretically, you could go to the cops and ask..... But even if you do.... and then contact the ex's parents... But what a police officer tells you is about as rock solid legal advice as my advice.. So.... You contact his parents... He considers it to be harassment - then you're stuffed. It aint worth it.

Sarah1983

21 January 2018
You're right. It's not worth it, he's not worth it, I just feel incredibly cheated by his actions. That's why he's done this, I'm the only person in his life who can expose who he really is and that scares him. Pretty extreme way to deal with it though.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
I would guess it will take police less than three minutes to make the case that by contacting your ex's family, you were behaving in such a way to harass or intimidate the other party.

Breaching and AVO is a criminal offence. It can accompany jail time. Is it worth the risk?

My advice to you is to stop acting like the 'psycho ex' - and trust me, that is exactly what you sound like - and start acting like a dignified woman who can do better than your lying, cheating ex-boyfriend. Let her have him. The best revenge is to show him what he missed out on by living well without him.

Reactions: SamanthaJay

Sarah1983

21 January 2018
Psycho ex because I want to clear my name and defend myself after all the malicious lies that have been spread about me? Ok. That's your opinion. Like I said before I was just looking for clarification because the order in no way states anything regarding contacting family members. It's not revenge I want, it's justice for myself and my reputation. Anyway thank you for the advice.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Yeah, a criminal conviction and possible jail time.

Great justice for yourself.

Sarah1983

21 January 2018
Which is exactly the reason I am seeking advice before I risk anything. People on this forum seem surprisingly judgemental. As I said, thank you for your advice.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
My husband's ex-wife felt that she wasn't contravening the DVO against her when she contacted his family members.

The Court made it very clear that she was wrong.

You're welcome for the advice.

Sarah1983

21 January 2018
I understand in your situation why you would judge me as the 'psycho ex'. I can guarantee you our situations are very different. I have no intention of breaching anything, he is absolutely not worth a criminal conviction! I just thought if that was a part of the order it would have to be stated somewhere on the order. More than happy to take your advice because I don't want to do anything that even comes close to a breach.