VIC How to Revoke Intervention Order Against Partner?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lauren1991

27 January 2016
In November 2015, an incident happened between my ex-partner and I with him threatening to physically harm me. In a panic, I contacted the Victorian police and they put an IVO on him.

We went to court and the IVO was put in place. A week later he contacted me and threatened to physically harm me. He was arrested and is now in prison until his court hearing in February. Since then I have wanted to rectify things with him and try counselling with him.

How do I revoke the intervention order against him so that he will not be charged with contacting me?

Thanks

Ponala

10 February 2015
You make an application to the court for revocation of the order. Police will be required to make comment in regards to your application and may or may not support it, or might support some clauses being removed...a variation to the order.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
You can try and revoke the order, but the police will probably still charge him with breaching the IVO because the breach occurred when the IVO was enforced.