- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC How to Revoke Intervention Order Against Partner?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by Lauren1991, 27 January 2016.

  1. Lauren1991

    Lauren1991 Member

    27 January 2016
    Likes Received:
    In November 2015, an incident happened between my ex-partner and I with him threatening to physically harm me. In a panic, I contacted the Victorian police and they put an IVO on him.

    We went to court and the IVO was put in place. A week later he contacted me and threatened to physically harm me. He was arrested and is now in prison until his court hearing in February. Since then I have wanted to rectify things with him and try counselling with him.

    How do I revoke the intervention order against him so that he will not be charged with contacting me?

  2. Ponala

    Ponala Well-Known Member

    10 February 2015
    Likes Received:
    You make an application to the court for revocation of the order. Police will be required to make comment in regards to your application and may or may not support it, or might support some clauses being removed...a variation to the order.
  3. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    You can try and revoke the order, but the police will probably still charge him with breaching the IVO because the breach occurred when the IVO was enforced.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page