Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

VIC Intervention Order - Can Ex Apply for Extension Without Police?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by Tomn Rafter, 8 January 2016.

  1. Tomn Rafter

    Tomn Rafter Member

    8 January 2016
    Likes Received:
    I had an IVO or Intervention Order against me (basically agree without admission or denial). This was taken by police on behalf of my ex. During the negotiation, the police and she agreed for only 3 months and she had to go overseas.

    However, she applied for an extension on the day she was leaving for overseas.

    Note - I haven't broken the IVO or Intervention Order condition. She has just said she is scared of me.

    Question - can she apply for an extension of the order which was taken by police without police in the loop?
  2. Ponala

    Ponala Well-Known Member

    10 February 2015
    Likes Received:
    Yes she can, however the court should contact the Police informant and inform them that an extension has been applied for, though the Police do not need to become involved in same if they have no issues with the application.

Share This Page