- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW How to Legally Bind Agreed Parenting Plan?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by LisaR, 11 August 2016.

  1. LisaR

    LisaR Member

    11 August 2016
    Likes Received:
    Hi, I am recently separated and my ex-husband and I have used a template and agreed on a parenting plan. Both signed and dated. However, we would both like this to be legally binding. How can we proceed with this without it costing much or going into family court?
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    You can file the parenting plan as consent orders with the Court, which the Court will then seal and keep on record accordingly.

    This is not a contested matter, so it's not the same as 'going into family court' as one might if they were pursuing a matter in which they were unable to reach agreement with their ex. It costs about $160 to file and you can fill out the form yourselves without needing a lawyer (here: Application for Consent Orders - Family Court of Australia

    Hope this helps.

Share This Page