QLD How to initiate mediation.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ProudFather

14 May 2017
Hi all,

I consented to final orders last year during trial.

Went through trial, Judge provided recommendations based on circumstances.

Applicant MGM. 1st respondent is I, second respondent is the children's mother.

I am the primary 9/5 split with MGM with her to facilitate time with mum. Shared parental.

Consented on circumstances MGM facilitated relationship with mum. MGM no longer responds to emails requesting written consent to address health issues (a court ordered paragraph) and MGM no longer allows me to speak with the children during allocated times on the 5 days kids are with her ( this is also an order).

Importantly MGM and mum have fallen out and mum has a dvo on her from MGM. The event regarding dvo was at a school event for children. Was violent and disruptive. Kids witnessed. I witnessed. Instigated by MGM physically. Child tug of war literally, between mum and MGM over mum wanting to hug the child.

MGM got a tpo on mum naming children.

Need MGM consent to get support because kids have had issues in past have seen a psychologist for few years regarding seperation anxiety when mum was out of picture. Because of dvo mum only has contact centre 2 hrs fortnightly. If she can afford it. My intention to facilitate however dvo will make it difficult?. Kids beginning to become distressed.

I have requested MGM and her solicitor for consent to provide support. Over 2 weeks, solicitor replies "she has made her client aware of her obligations".

I don't see anything changing, can I get a consensus on options and how to go about mediating before I involve solicitors. MGM has also withheld a child in last 5 mths. No excuse provided, emailed her lawyer and got the "reminded my client of her obligations".