VIC How to Get DNA Testing Order Through Family Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sal1

24 June 2016
Hi,

We are grandparents based in Queensland, our grandchild based in Victoria of 2.5 years old has been taken into care through DHS to our ex-partner's sister. The ex-partner has been ordered to gain a DNA testing as he is on the birth certificate but my daughter has claimed that there is a question to whether he is the father. The ex-partner does not have access to see his daughter due to an AVO.

We applied at family court for us to take her back to Queensland, which was declined as this would not allow access visits for our daughter to see her child. A future court case hearing is posted for June 30th. Our daughter has not complied with all her conditions - i.e not attending all access visits as planned.

I have several questions which I am hoping you maybe able to assist with.

Can you please let us know what an approved application party to the proceeding will allow us access to know, what is the process of gaining one? Can we order a DNA testing through the court system for the ex-partner and if so how do we do this?

Thanks

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Cases where DHS has removed a child from the care of a parent are quite serious cases indeed, they really do need the support of proper legal advice.

You should speak to Legal Aid about attending on a free consultation with a lawyer so you can share the facts of the case and get accurate legal advice for your situation.