NT Family Court - Father of Child Not Following Court Orders?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Olivia9

24 June 2019
My daughter is 1 year old. I did not name the father at birth as I wasn't 100 per cent sure who the dad was. After dna testing, I found her dad. He didn't believe it till, after the test. We went to family court and the judge ordered him to be on my daughter's birth certificate.

He was meant to sign by 2 weeks. He hasn't signed and I can't afford legal representation and I can't afford to go back to court.

What can I do in this situation given he has been ordered by the court and hasn't followed them.

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
My daughter is 1 year old. I did not name the father at birth as I wasn't 100 per cent sure who the dad was. After dna testing, I found her dad. He didn't believe it till, after the test. We went to family court and the judge ordered him to be on my daughter's birth certificate.

He was meant to sign by 2 weeks. He hasn't signed and I can't afford legal representation and I can't afford to go back to court.

What can I do in this situation given he has been ordered by the court and hasn't followed them.

Is legal aid not an option? Or self representation? I don't know how involved this would be for you but they are two potential options that you haven't mentioned.