QLD How to Get Conveyancing Lawyers to Release Money?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Justmeandi

23 February 2016
I have an update for those interested.

The judge approved the orders and the information detailing this was emailed to my ex's lawyer last Tuesday, this took only one day from the time of lodgement. The only requirement was that the forms we filled out be provided to the court in word format. This email was forwarded to me from her lawyer.

Once her lawyer receives the stamped orders the money will then be released from the trust fund. This will be done in due coarse according to the email from the courts. Her lawyer will then be providing the conveyancing lawyer with this information in order to release the funds as per the stamped consent orders. Everyone get that?

It all seems clear as mud sometimes! I don't know when the stamped orders will appear. Soon please!

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Ta for update. Keep pushing though so it doesn't get forgotten about.

Justmeandi

23 February 2016
Keep pushing? Who? I am now beyond the limit of patience with my bank and landlord so you have scared me a little. Do you mean I push her lawyer to hurry the courts?

I honestly can't have this meandering, I would appreciate any help on how to not let this be forgotten. Is there a way to let someone who matters know that my situation is dire. Put simply, if I lose my rental I lose my children.

Here goes: It has been such a huge task to set myself up on my own in a three bedroom house without any financial aid. I have done this to have more time with my children (overnight 3 times per fortnight and two evenings also) while trying to keep my job under difficult contact agreements that placed very tough time restraints on me.

I am now working for myself because I can pick when I work. Bosses don't care too much in my industry so I had to go solo to honour the agreed times. The cash flow isn't strong yet but it is only early days and I have had setup costs. To lose it all when the money is there would devastate me. I am sorry for the long story but it was hard dealing with the loss of my kids the first time.

Now to only have it repeated, I can't explain. I am just a Dad trying to see his children and doing everything I can. I agreed to a deal that didn't mention my ex's inheritance and voluntary super contributions over 13 years unknown to me. I was counting on this money, her lawyer couldn't move me into her office fast enough when I agreed. I reached the point where I had to. Maybe I should tell them tha

Anyway...any ideas on how to speed it up? :(:oops: