Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW How to Enforce a Substituted Service Order from Federal Circuit Court?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by Manolo, 15 November 2015.

  1. Manolo

    Manolo Member

    15 November 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi, I am the Applicant in this matter. The Respondent is doing whatever to avoid being served. A Substituted Service order was made at Federal Circuit Court SYD by a Registrar. The order states to notify the Respondent at her Human Resources office (the employer). A legal officer from that office acknowledges to have received documents, but they do not have any authorization from the Respondent to receive any documents on her behalf. It means the HR office will not pass documents onto the Respondent.

    Is it possible to enforce this Court order? What should I do to get the Court satisfied with documents servicing?
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest

    Usually as long as you satisfy the requirements of the substituted service order, made by the registrar then you can satisfy the court that the respondent has been served and thereafter proceed with your claim or application as if the respondent has been served.

Share This Page