NSW Federal Circuit Court - Where to Get Sample Documents to Initiate Application?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Aleksey

4 November 2015
Hi,

My wife moved to unknown location with my 4 years old son. I want to represent myself in Federal Circuit Court. I need to make an Initiating Application in Family Law, an Affidavit, a Notice of Risk, and an Application in a Case for substituted service.

It would be nice to have ready samples of such documents. For example, I am now looking at the Application "final orders sought" and I have no idea what I should write there.

Reactions: Louise4007

Louise4007

8 November 2015
SA
Hi Aleksey

Approved forms & documents, downloadable & for use in the Federal Circuit Court of NSW.

Family law matters are commenced by an 'initiating application' (family law) document except in matters such as divorce or a contravention application. An affadavit must state the facts you intend to rely upon in your argument. If unsure of what the final orders sought should be, its' in your best interests to consult a lawyer to discuss the claim you intend to make so that the outcome, if achieved, reflects your best interests.