- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW How to Appeal the Suspension of Drivers Licence?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Barbs23, 2 June 2016.

  1. Barbs23

    Barbs23 Member

    2 June 2016
    Likes Received:
    I incurred speeding fines for being 38klm over the speed limit. As I need my car for work, I checked with the RTA site and realised that my drivers licence will be suspended for 3 months.

    Is there any way I can pay the fine and keep my drivers licence as I work on the main roads and have to travel and operate vehicles?
  2. Victoria S

    Victoria S Well-Known Member

    9 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi Barbs23,

    You can appeal a licence suspension that results from speeding more than 30km/h over the speed limit by filing an application with your local court registry and attending a court hearing. However you must file your appeal within 28 days from the date of the Notice of Suspension.
    The court can decide to reinstate your licence if it is convinced you
    • are generally of good character (you shoudl provide 2 or more character references from other people to show this)
    • you need your licence for work
    • there is some other good reason that the court should overturn the suspension.
  3. Tim W

    Tim W Lawyer

    28 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Be clear for me - were you suspended for the offence(s), or
    for failing to pay the fines?

Share This Page