help to evict tenant VCAT

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dpj

1 July 2020
I have a situation where I cannot seem to evict a tenant. I mucked up the original lease and need some assistance from a lawyer to help me. Anyone good a helping a landlord get evict a tenant in vic? This person is well behind on rent, abusive, etc. I have mucked up multiple times procedurally and now need assistance

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
You tried to save a few bucks by DIY-ing,
got it wrong, and now
it's costing you more then you thought you had saved?

The first thing you do is.... Stop trying to DIY, before you get yourself into actual legal trouble.
The second thing is try this link, and make contact with one of the lawyers listed,
many of whom are contributors here.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Call our office for assistance. We have the experience to do it properly. See my signature for our firm's name.

Dpj

1 July 2020
You tried to save a few bucks by DIY-ing,
got it wrong, and now
it's costing you more then you thought you had saved?

The first thing you do is.... Stop trying to DIY, before you get yourself into actual legal trouble.
The second thing is try this link, and make contact with one of the lawyers listed,
many of whom are contributors here.
Thanks for the moral lecture Tim. I'll call Rod

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney

Dpj

1 July 2020
Tim, this case is more complicated that normal and I actually suspect the VCAT member may have made an error of law. It toook 3 VCAT hearings over 6 hours to sort. Its not a simple matter. Regardless, I have learnt a lesson. In regards to other legal battles I am facing (primarily as a respondent), if i used lawyers every time I would be financially strained. In addition, I would say that more than 50% of legal services I have used was a total waste of money. My decision to often go it alone is based on experience.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
Tim, this case is more complicated that normal
I hear that often.
Once a matter is analysed in an orderly way,
it turns out to be the case less often than you'd think.
...and I actually suspect the VCAT member may have made an error of law.
Well then, you have 28 days to appeal. Read about that here.
Which bit of law do you think the Member got wrong?