NSW Got 10A conviction of using unregistered vehicle

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hugo1234

11 December 2021
I knew I was stupid . I live in NSW and got three fines of using unregistered vehicle , using uninsured vehicle and not complying with P plate vehicle performance requirement . I elected to go the court for the fine of using unregistered vehicle and got convicted with section 10A ( conviction with no penalty ) . Will this criminal conviction prevent me from getting jobs and travelling ? A friend told me 10A conviction means this offence is not trivial and suggested me to do some community service the improve my character . I get a little bit sacred by his words . Is my 10A conviction that bad ?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok a section 10 bond is a good thing. So you have been stupid. You need to stop being stupid. This will become very very serious IF you're caught again. Mate, for the remainder of your time on your P plates you have 3 plates showing - front and back. WHY? Well look, one P plate might fall off and if it did you'd be in breach of the bond. You'd be back to court and you will get the maximum penalty for all offences. So 3 p plates - front and back will make sure you don't experience this fate.

A section 10 is not trivial. But so long as you comply with the rules. You'll be fine.

One last thing because you need the lecture. After the second fine, you kept driving? STUPID... Look, I was a kid once. But back in the 1990's when I had by P plates the cop cars didn't have number plate recognition. It was common territory to let rego run over by a week or two. But these days, with the technology the cops have? STUPID...