VIC Impact of non-conviction record on PR application

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

zigzagbat

26 February 2019
Hi,

I was charged with 'threat to kill someone' back in July 2017. I was in despair when my ex-partner took away most of my private assets and said this which then got recorded by her over the phone. She then send this to the police and I was arrested and consequently pled guilty because of this voice recording. The judge gave me a non-conviction and a fine of $650 AUD. I have no criminal record before.

I am now applying for a PR in Australia, how will this non-conviction record impact my PR application? Like how bad will it be? What are the chances of success? How likely will I fail the character test? Can anyone gave me a general estimate? Is there any similar cases before that went through the application successfully?

Sophy

7 February 2021
Hi,

I have the same situation.

I argued with my ex and didn’t even hurt him, he called the police. I was sentenced a 12-month good behavior bond without conviction in VIC.

It was 2 years ago and I was only 18 years old at the time.

Anyway, is there any influence on PR application? Have you received your PR successfully?

zigzagbat

26 February 2019
Hi Zigzagbat - Please let us know how did you go about your PR application?
I am not applying for pr at the moment, but it did not affect my other visa applications. Hopefully it has no effect on my pr application