QLD Going to Court for Fraud - No Proof?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

B.h

26 July 2015
I am getting taken to court for four fraud cases against my name.. I didn't do it but have no proof to say I haven't done it. They say I sold four different items took the money but never gave them the product. For four different people. I'm a 21 year old female with no other offences ever! I have never had any issues with the law. I'm a full time hard worker. What do you think my outcome of they say I'm guilty? Is it jail time. I am under the worse stress you could think of. Thanks for your time.

Michael T

9 April 2014
So the police have charged you and are you having to go to the Magistrates Court or another court? And do you know who reported you?

The police will need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you committed fraud. If you didn't do it, then its unlikely that they'll be able to prove that you did do it! The penalty can be up to 10 years in jail, so its important that you get legal advice from a criminal lawyer. See Shoplifting, stealing, fraud and burglary | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government for information about fraud and penalties in Queensland.

B.h

26 July 2015
They picked me up from my house took me back to the station and took my finger prints.. This has never happened to me.. And yes they have served me with a notice to go to court.
The people who got ripped off reported me.
There is no possible way for me to prove I didn't do it, it's obviously someone I know because they have all of my details.
Can't I just file to pay it back? I'd prefer that over jail time. I am a hard working full time worker. I would never do this!