WA FVRO objecting False Allegations

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Distressedmum

2 July 2021
Hi,
I have a FVRO (final) against my ex-husband. He has also been convicted for 2 counts of breaching the order and one of causing malicious damage to my property. He has now alienated my teenage daughter and taken her to court to get a FVRO against me based on false and extremely misleading testimony. I am completely distressed and feel extremely abused. My daughter is being given hundreds of dollars by her father who is also providing her with alcohol, dugs, etc. She has gone from being a successful athlete to failing school in a matter of 9 months. The issue is it seems you don't need evidence and the right to fair process etc does not seem to exist for FVRO's in Western Australia. The presumption is that you are guilty based on the word of the Applicant. It was granted on "the barest of margins" in the word of the Magistrate. She completely lied saying that I "hit her when she hangs out... with a girl my mum doesn't like". I have never hit her. The girl she is talking about is a girl I banned her from seeing and moved her schools to get away from her. She re-connected with this girl in the weeks leading up to getting the FVRO. I am distressed and haven't seen my beautiful daughter in months due to this. This is extremely sad and I am grieving for the loss of my daughter as well as having to have the stress of representing myself against her. I have tried Legal Aid but they have told me that they NEVER provide funding to Respondents to FVRO? I am completely shocked at the unfairness of our legal system. HELP!

Atticus

6 February 2019
I have tried Legal Aid but they have told me that they NEVER provide funding to Respondents to FVRO? I am completely shocked at the unfairness of our legal system. HELP!
Bit of an eye opener isn't it ... Change can only come from legislators ... Let your state & federal members of parliament know why you think there needs to be change..

Distressedmum

2 July 2021
Bit of an eye opener isn't it ... Change can only come from legislators ... Let your state & federal members of parliament know why you think there needs to be change..
Thanks Atticus for responding. I have been in contact with the Attorney Generals office, local member for parliament and three sitting members offices. They are shocked by my story but there is nothing they can do. I feel like collateral damage for the “greater good”. I think I will get in touch with Pauline Hanson’s office. Friend’s and family are shocked when they realise how injust and open to abuse the legal process has become which I believe reflects the general public’s lack of awareness on this. I think the media needs to know but not sure how to approach this.

Atticus

6 February 2019
I have been in contact with the Attorney Generals office, local member for parliament and three sitting members offices. They are shocked by my story but there is nothing they can do.
Of course they can. They just lack the political will & guts
I think I will get in touch with Pauline Hanson’s office
Unfortunately any issue that Hanson associates herself with usually results in less support & credibility.... Probably for good reason.
Friend’s and family are shocked when they realise how injust and open to abuse the legal process has become which I believe reflects the general public’s lack of awareness on this. I think the media needs to know but not sure how to approach this.
I think anybody in any position of influence has been well & truly intimidated into not getting involved or even commenting contrary to popular opinion & perception... The Social Media Outrage mobs harass, bully & shame.

Reactions: Jamie27

Jamie27

9 April 2020
Thanks Atticus for responding. I have been in contact with the Attorney Generals office, local member for parliament and three sitting members offices. They are shocked by my story but there is nothing they can do. I feel like collateral damage for the “greater good”. I think I will get in touch with Pauline Hanson’s office. Friend’s and family are shocked when they realise how injust and open to abuse the legal process has become which I believe reflects the general public’s lack of awareness on this. I think the media needs to know but not sure how to approach this.
Unfortunately I doubt that anything will ever be done to correct this