WA Misleading allegation caused involuntary treatment

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Robebeni843

21 February 2021
Hi all,

I wanted to share my case with you. I have been to a lawyer that told me that unfortunately in WA people are often lying and don’t get charged unless they caused monetary damage. The lawyer ( high ranked and very friendly) told me not much could be done even if all my records were showing police and hospital has been mislead.

Story
my stepdaughters prepared a false report (in my possession) and called police. Police called an ambulance and I was taken to psychiatric closed ward. I never reacted , asked for a lawyer and I was not taken seriously. They thought I was maniac. Kept asking strange questions about being violent, controlling and so on while my replies where basically I was caring and looking after my sick partner ( she was/ is under psychiatric attention)
The false report was saying that I was a dangerous individual, was controlling their’s mum and I was mentally unstable and I was threatening the daughters.
Doctors kept me as involuntary patient for 3 days in observation.
I applied for Tribunal Review
The review was set 14 days later !
The Doctors did a copy/paste of the misleading allegations, presented as proof and in their opinion I was a dangerous individual and as a result, the tribunal should have kept me in.
The Tribunal partially disagreed with the Doctors and let me free but agreed with Doctors that I had a bipolar episode (mania) and for that reason I should be under a C T O outside in the community. Even more, they agreed that I had the Paranoia that the daughters set me up.

So after 25 days in a psychiatric ward as an involuntary patient, one’s out I received an interim FVRO ( so it was not paranoia after all)

I opposed the FVRO and presented myself in court where the Judge found that my documentation was enough for a final hearing.
My partner ( suffering from anxiety and depression) cancelled the FVRO

I then went to this good lawyer that told me unfortunately there’s no much of a case.

Few months have passed and my partner has admitted that the daughters pushed her to make a FVRO against me. They shouted at their mum on the phone that if we were back together that was the end of relationship ( grand kids included )
I finally found my phone ( disappeared the night I was taken away) in which there are daily messages with the daughters ( all nice messages) proving that their accusations where false ( they stated I stopped communicating with them and segregated their mum )
Their mum admitted as well that the daughters made her lying for the FVRO in which I was described as violent, controlling and unstable.

I have with me a clean police clearance certificate, all my colleagues and friends supporting me and no one can believe what I have been through.

Is it possible to have a case ? I don’t need the money, I want my reputation back. Furthermore I am back with my partner and I am scared the daughters could do it again.It s mentally challenging for me being in a relationship with someone you love and be scared of her daughters action in the future.

thanks for you help