Friend Owns Property but Father Takes All Incoming Money

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

mrkiss

13 June 2014
Hi. My friend is unemployed and cannot get benefits as she owns a property in her name, but her dad takes all rent monies, etc

The title is held at her father's lawyers

How does she get help with this issue??

Thanks in advance for any help

winston wolf

21 April 2014
Adelaide
changefpa.com.au
I'm guessing he bought the property in her name to get the first home buyer's grant or avoid tax or something. she needs to get rid of the property or take control of it.

mrkiss

13 June 2014
Is there anyway she can get a firm to release the papers to her or does she need his signature which is never going to happen as hes a charleton if not worse

winston wolf

21 April 2014
Adelaide
changefpa.com.au
If its in her name she owns it or part of it.
She needs to talk to Centrelink and discuss what what would happen if she were to transfer the property to him.
Once she knows where she stands with Centrelink she can tel or rite to here father and tel him that she needs to sort this out.
I think once he is aware they Centerlik or the ATO will be interested or that she may take possession of the property he could become very cooperative.
How old is she?

mrkiss

13 June 2014
Shes 43 or so her dad has obviously made her live a very sheltered life as her mum died when she was very young

thanks for your help