FOund inadmissible on arrival at POrt of ENtry

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

jackSPADE

7 May 2018
I traveled to US few years back and on arrival, I was refused entry into the country by the immigration as they found me Inadmissible according to their claim. I returned back to my home country the same day with my return ticket. Now I'm trying to apply for a British visa, on the form there is a question which asked if I have been deported or removed from UK or any country before. I will like to know if I should click yes for this or NO, reason is I don't know if Entry refusal falls under Deportation categories. Please this is important need all the answers.
It is very important to me as I don't want to face any ban on completing my applcation

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Check the notes/guide that goes along with the application, there should be something somewhere. It will ultimately depend on what the UK authorities consider it to mean. However, I would consider that a refusal of entry means you did not actually enter the country and, therefore, you were neither removed nor deported.

I would also guess there will be some other question which will cover your situation.