VIC Family Law - Not Going Anywhere with My Lawyer - Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Marian

9 February 2016
I need a suggestion for a lawyer who is an expert in family law, specifically relocation orders and property settlement. I have spent 8000 with my lawyer, and till now, we haven't started any real steps. My case is challenging and I want a lawyer who is willing to win the case for his records. I have had enough from doing the job of the lawyer and prepare everything for her.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ymight wanna give us some more details. Like why it would be a good idea for you to move away from the other parent. See the courts kind of reckon that one parent isn't better than the other. Yep, I know. WTF. So why do you think you should be able to move the kid away from the other parent? That would be a start to getting advice here.

Maybe you're not getting anywhere because you have not understood the solicitor when they have told you that you don't have a chance to get what you want because the courts understand that kids have 2 parents. Yep I know. 2 parents. It is a bit out there.

Most solicitors don't just wanna win a case just to improve their record. Maybe if you wanna relocate, you could do so. It isn't that hard really. Just leave. But it would be a bad idea to take the child. So why not leave and let the other parent be the primary carer of the child?

Marian

9 February 2016
Well, my case divided into two parts :

1- I am from an Egyptian background. 4 years ago my husband convinced me to go to Egypt to prepare for our return until he finishes his commitments here. Years went and he didn't return using different excuses, thus, 7 months ago I decided to come to Australia to live with him but I was shocked to find out that he is having an affair with his colleague since I left.

Details are too dramatic, but anyway, I want to go back to Egypt to raise up my children in a family and try to minimize the damage as I am here on my own.

2- He is a partner in a highly profitable branded pharmacy but when it came to valuation for property settlement, he tries now to say and prove that it should be valuated as a non-branded pharmacy (half of the real value ). He argues that the brand is owned by the chain major partner.

Any suggestions?