VIC Family Law - Hearing to Revoke Intervention Order - Thoughts?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok so this is an old thread....

I don't know what you're referring to in telling me to read 'lucky lou."?

As for the rest of your personal attack on me.

I'm typing slowly in the hope that it helps you be able to read better.

Your personal attacks on me are stupid...

Now if you're going to tell me to read data and statistics on family court that prove that there is gender discrimination (I'm assuming that is what you're suggesting with your colourful language) Well show the the statistics that you're talking about - Go on give me a link that shows that a bloke needs to have a medical operation in order to get decent access to his kids...

Learn this, since you're having a go at me for my profession. I would like to write more, but I have to get going to my eldest son’s soccer, then I am taking the youngest one to his game. I’m a male, and I have 85% care of my kids. So you can show me your statistics and I’ll show you my court orders. My court orders say “the children live with their father” and I have not had an operation done on my private parts and my back bone is doing pretty well too.

One more thing muscles - Backbone? having an attack on someone online? anonymously? Ooops I think you just dropt something? is that your backbone I see lying on the ground? Muscles?

Last edited:

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Do you want your kids to have no principles, morals, beliefs.? Do you want to treat them as imbeciles that cant read journals of the child abuse inflicted by other parent later in life? Do you want to risk collapsing into a heap of skin hair and body fluids because you lack having a backbone ?

Read & follow the above from "lucky lou" who doesn't realize he winged it through as the luckiest bastard ever to enter Family courts & who even a s a supposed teacher ignores the data & statistics that show in Family Court if you have a penis you will be legally sodomized.

At some point, you have to ask yourself - is the Court the problem? The judge? The law? The police? The perceived gender bias (that had been disproven time and time again)?

Or is it you?

Sammy01 and my husband are both first-hand examples of men ‘winning’ their family law matters.

But what would we know about that, right? You’re the expert, right?

Your case would go an entirely different direction if you maybe took some constructive criticism instead of ranting like a mad man about how you’re such a victim.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I agree. Mad man...
But he made a point about ignoring the data and statistics that show in family court there is a gender bias. He didn't provide the data or statistics... Wonder why?

Maybe - he has a point... But only a small one... See the courts reflect our society values etc... Now I don't have any statisics to back me up on this one... But I'm sure most folk will agree that mum's tend to become the stay at home parent after child birth more so than dads. So when relationships end one parent tends to be the primary carer and it is often the mum - especially with young kids... Most folk here are gonna agree that you've got a better chance of getting 50/50 with a 8 yr old than a 18mth old... When my relationship ended, the ex was primary carer... But she was primary carer before we split too. I went to work, she stayed at home with the kids and took some time off work for the purpose...

So IF there is a gender bias, it simply reflects the same gender bias in parenting arrangements in non split families... So the reason why OLD mates' argument about court data is flawed IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO DATA... QUITE THE OPPOSITE. OUCH. click the link - have a read.

Shared care time
The bit that I most like is this bit " In fact, the data suggest that a greater increase in shared care time has occurred for judicially determined cases than for those in which parents reach agreement by consent." Scroll down to the bit about court data, to save you having to read the whole article...

So let me try to explain that using small words to help our friend. Dads do better in court than if they come to an agreement outside court....Dads do better in court than if they come to an agreement outside court, yep I know I wrote it twice. Old mate is a bit slow, I thought writing it twice might make him understand...

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Sorry Sammy, you have drawn a conclusion using inductive reasoning and the result you claim cannot be guaranteed to be supported by the facts. In addition the statistics are now over 10 years old.

The data sets between contested cases and cases settled by consent are different and the differences may well be the key influencing factor.

For instance I settled for less than 50/50 outside of court (no parenting court case) because I had a career that required longish hours and made drop off and pick at school problematic and no close family who could assist. It made more sense to allow the ex more time so I could still financially support the kids. It worked for us. Now if I'd gone to court for 50/50 there's a chance I'd have got it.

okanynameyouwishthen does have a valid point in amongst his views. Women will use and do use the court system to exact revenge or inflict pain on their ex-partners regardless of the welfare of their kids. It may not be as often as okanynameyouwishthen claims, but there is no denying it happens.

The Family Court has the ability, which it regularly fails to use, to punish parents making proven false statements. Making examples of parents abusing the system for their own selfish ends is needed to help clean up this blight.

Someone I know mentioned recently a situation where a guy was being done over by CSA and within hours of his phone call he committed suicide because of the uncaringness and unwillingness of CSA to listen to reason. The system (Courts and CSA) still has some way to go before we can say the system is fair 100% of the time.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Rod are u for real? He has a valid point? That women use the system,? Wow that is not a point... that is bleedy obvious.... and it is also bleedy obvious that some men do the same. Shock horror.
my reasoning is on the money more so than yours. I do agree that some women use the courts to execute revenge... of course... but men do the same.
Yep that article is 10 yrs old. Find me some more recent data? Go on dare ya....
Btw i chose that data because it shows how the john howard reforms had a positive impact for non primary carers .... mostly dads. Im sure if u can find any recent data it will only reinforce the fact that it is not the system that is sexist.... it is a small group of people who manipulate abuse and scam the system.... and i think on the whole the system does a good job at catching them out... unless the other party fails to understand that their job is not to catch the other parent out on lies... there job is to prove that they are a good parent and let the courts work out the truth...which i think is where this punter stuffed up.

Still keen on anyone that can provide data that disproves my assertions... go on dare ya

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Bleedingly obvious it may be, but it is still a point.

my reasoning is on the money more so than yours.

Making an assertion is not proof, repeating the same assertion is still not proof. I merely pointed out that inductive reasoning doesn't guarantee a conclusion and gave one example as to why that may be.

The 2016/17 annual report shows only 15% of court applications go through to a contested trial. So it is fair to say at least one of the two parents is being unreasonable else the matter would have settled before trial. Now I can't reach a conclusion from this limited data set, just as you shouldn't have reached the conclusion you made.

And sometimes it is good to vent as this poster has done. It would be wrong to say he does not have a valid point in some limited instances, possibly his. I don't know.

Was it said in a politically correct way - no. Was it said with emotion and distress - yes. Could counselling assist him - yes.

sammy01

27 September 2015
can you provide me with a link to the data? fair's fair... I did.
Yep venting is ok.... But when the crap that your relying upon to justify your vent is fictional... That needs correcting.
This guy is a twit as is anyone who is prepared to defend him.
Yep assertions are not proof... Niether is venting.. Beside, family law (sadly) isn't all about proof... IT is about the 'best interests of the kids" read the legislation... I don't even think the word proof is written in there. Prove me wrong? provide data that proves this guys assertion about sexual discrimination. YOU wont because YOU cant.