QLD Family Law - Can Therapist be a Single Expert Witness?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Junior

13 November 2014
I am confused with my Family Law matter. Can a Doctor of Psychology be a single expert witness? Never been involved in any supervised visits, but the single expert witness accepts the facts that she's got limitations because she never got involved in the supervised visits. She's a therapist to make the story short, appointed by the court as a single expert witness.

S

Sophea

A court appointed expert witness is appointed and instructed by the court to report to the court on matters within their area of expertise. I suspect... depending on what the court is instructing her to report on, she may or may not need to be involved in supervised visits.

Reactions: Junior

Junior

13 November 2014
Thanks @ Sophea,

The ICL assigned the appointed single expert witness to conduct a one off supervised visit between me and my son. In the ICL notes, the single expert witness will need to wait for the Children Contact Centre report before making such report to the court.