NSW Fair Entitlements Guarantee (feg) Under Fair Work Act 2009

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

If I apply to AAT what are my chances of success?

• Apply

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not apply, hopeless

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
16 September 2014
Fair Work Act of 2009 section 119. Prior 1 January 2010, I was not entitled to FEG payment due to being employed as an award free employee. Where anyone else who was employed under an award system was entitled to the FEG payment. I found that to be discrimination by the FEG department (Australian Department of Employment) and I challenged it. It was knocked back. The section 119 was changed from 1 January 2010 enabling all employees to be entitled to the FEG payment irrespective whether employed under an award and/or award free. Obviously some one realised that section 119 of the FW Act was discriminatory to the award free employees (like my self). If I wish to further change the FEG decision I have to apply to the AAT (with cost attached).

16 September 2014
Hi Emil,

What is the question you were asking? It doesn't seem clear to me. Thanks.

Paul Cott.
Hi, my question is: Can I appeal my FEG case to AAT on discriminatory grounds as I believe that the section 119 of the FW Act 2009 discriminated against me due to my employment status as an award free employee (at the time-period 2006 to 2009) and not under award employee? After all the section 119 of the FW Act was changed to apply to any one after January 2010 award free and/or award employed.