WA Ex partner picking up kids from school

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016
Had original family court orders varied about a 6 times causing headaches and wasted time. Mainly to suit the mother as kids live with me. Most recent were for both parents to engage a 3rd party service to do handovers as there was a VRO in place. Since this has now expired it's been amended to mother OR her agent to collect kids from school and drop off to grandmother. Was agreed by consent through the duty lawyer but I should of taken more notice of the wording. It didn't specify who the agent was and I assumed a third by service was the agent. Now she has her partner picking up my kids from school and kids are uncomfortable about it as am I as I don't even know him.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Hey Hoang, I kinda remember your case from way back when...
So without reading the orders and trying to understand what you have written? sorry mate, it just isn't very clear.

Just checking. Orders say something like the mother or her agent is to pick up the children from school on each alternate Friday (for example) and her or her agent are to return them to school on Monday morning (for example). ??? and the ex's new fella is picking up the kids?

If that is the case, you don't really have much you can do in my opinion. Just a thought. Real world experience. My neighbour is an emergency contact at my kids schools. The kids know the neighbours but it isn't like we have them over for dinner. BUT if I was ever stuck they have agreed to help out. Look I think this one falls under 'shared parental responsibility'. Anyone the ex trusts to pick up the kids can do so and you don't have much say on the matter. I know, don't lke my advice, but I reckon it is spot on

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016
Hi Sammy I remember you from way back aswell and you gave some great advice. Looking back to that period I remember the frustration, depression and loneliness. Anyways, I'm thinking along the same as what you have stated. My bad for not clarifying the wording. She refuses to drop kids to me or my partner so kinda double standards. His a prick but my opinion doesn't matter although my kids think his one too 🤔

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok so all you gotta do is follow the orders.
Now as for this current dilemma. Mate, not legal advice, just learning to deal with a nutter advice. STuff like this you've gotta learn to ignore because you're not gonna win and simply engaging in the argument means you're inviting her back into your world... These days I can go a month or more without any communication from the ex and that is how I like it.