QLD Ex Contravened Family Court Orders - Move Trial Date Up?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Junior

13 November 2014
Do you have a Barrister for your trial date? Independent Childrens Lawyer will have a very important participation in the trial. Your Legal Aid representation should challenge the ICL in various subpoenaed documents the ICL is seeking. Subpoenaed documents is always with consent by the parties.

David Pan

31 July 2016
A barrister has been appointed though I have never met her or spoken to her, I am still waiting for my solicitor to arrange a meeting. The ICL has already subpoenaed documents that they wanted and my solicitor and myself have seen a few of these including ones from d.o.c.s. that show that the police have interviewed my children on 2 separate occasions.

D.o.c.s have never contacted me dispite my ex has reported me to them on 11 occasions. Docs records also show that my ex after accusing me to a doctor of a hideous crime towards to my children, that the doctor examined the children and found her claims untrue, the doctor to sent my ex to a psychologist.

The psychologists report says that my ex presents with border line personality disorders and Munchausen. All this was subpoenaed about two years ago and still nothing has happened regarding a date for trial.

sammy01

27 September 2015
You need to be calling the ICL and your solicitor. 2 years seems way to long. I'd be calling the court, I'd be visiting the nearest family court office. Mate seriously, 2 years... Have a chat to the folk at the contact centre to see if that seems crazy long to them.