VIC Evict ex from home 1 year after divorce

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Couchsurfing

21 January 2018
Decided to take ex to the court.
Not the best move, but it's the best / most suitable / the only way when the other party refuses to settle despite how simple our case is.

sammy01

27 September 2015
cool... mate I reckon she is using the avo to get free accommodation. Remind us - how long were you married? when does AVO end?
If avo ends prior to court I reckon you want to get good advice on how to move back in without her making a new claim for a new AVO...

Couchsurfing

21 January 2018
cool... mate I reckon she is using the avo to get free accommodation. Remind us - how long were you married? when does AVO end?
If avo ends prior to court I reckon you want to get good advice on how to move back in without her making a new claim for a new AVO...

Yes, I believe so. Though she did show some intent to negotiate, but her lawyer intentionally acts as a block and she has no issues to let her lawyer to drag this out for free accommodation.

Nothing can stop her from extending avo, court hearing will be done before avo expires.