Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised and confidential legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

TAS Employment Law - NGO Worker but a Contractor for Government Body?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by David Paul Brimble, 9 September 2015.

1. David Paul Brimble

Hi: I would like to know if, as a worker for an NGO, who is a contractor to a Government body? Am I considered under Employment Law to be a contractor, and am I? Or do I have the same protections offered by the disclosure principles of the act including protections, information and the offer of a welfare officer to support me to discharge my duties as a disclosure, without fear of harassment or other detrimental actions against me?

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. allie

allie Active Member

What is your relationship with the NGO? The issue will be whether you are engaged by them as a contractor or employee- it won't be affected by the contract that the NGO has with the govt department.