QLD EBA Maternity Leave Entitlements for Non-Union Staff?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
28 April 2015
Hi,

I had a question about my Company's EBA, they have a maternity leave policy in the EBA of "4 weeks top-up pay" that will essentially make the government's 18week Parental Leave pay your full pay.

When I started (March 2013), it was in my contract that they only give 12 months unpaid leave, however, the new EBA was brought in after that (September 2013). As I am a salaried staff member and not part of the union, I wanted to know whether the new EBA leave applies to me.

As an FYI, it is in the EBA that I can only take 4 days sick leave without a medical certificate (of my 10 days leave) and they still have enforced this on me even though it is not in my contract, so I thought that maybe parts of the EBA still apply to me.

Thanks,

Victoria S

9 April 2014
Does your contract state it if there is an EBA, that it will replace your contract? Unless your contract has been terminated and replaced, your contract stands as it is.

Also, have a chat with Fair Work Australia - Welcome to the Fair Work Ombudsman website