QLD Dvo breaches opening my mail and banking joint cheque into his account

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

No justice

18 May 2018
My ex has Dvo with one breach is it a breach again if he opened a letter addressed to me while living separated under same roof 6 months later I've been living elsewhere he sent a letter he opened to my lawyer he told his lawyer he opened it in error and 2 - he made insurance claim under our contents policy both of us insureds they were for his items cheque sent to him in both our names payout of claim he banks it in his bank account not our joint as it was in both our names I was advised a claim had been paid out and entitled to half I contacted the bank and they gave me half the funds he has to repay my half as he withdrew all the money out after he banked it

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Are you seriously asking if a DVO has been breached because your ex accidentally opened your mail and made an insurance claim and received a payout under a policy that he also owns?

This ranks highly in my short list of forums post written by people who I sense may not be of sound mind. Good lord.

sammy01

27 September 2015
ALLFOR HER - Just for fun...
I once got called to the cop shop and interviewed for breach of AVO... She could not find her car keys and was adamant I had entered the property and taken them... Complaint made, the cops have to investigate... I was questioned and as I had been at work all day the cops were satisfied.. I asked them to call the ex and let them know that I was in the clear... Copper was nice enough to do so... Then copper tells me that she had since found the keys... Case closed...

I asked the nice police officer if he could call her back and have a talk to her about wasting my time and their time... Police officer, declined... WHY? He said she seemed like the sort of person that would lodge a complaint against him if he did call her back...

BUT - I still reckon this one is even more insane than my ex... I do believe my ex MIGHT have really thought that I'd entered the property, would have possibly even felt threatened by her FALSE assertion... But in this case... I fail to see how this person could possibly have felt a tiny bit threatened by the scenario described...

I can't help but think this one will not stop until the ex is locked up.... NO JUSTICE indeed..

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
No justice - I had some difficulty following your post.

Your former partner has claimed he opened a letter addressed to you by mistake (which is plausible) and then forwarded it to your lawyer, via his lawyer, so it could be passed on to you? You are not going to get anywhere with this. I would suggest that you redirect your mail to your current address.

Your former partner made a claim on a jointly owned contents policy (for his belongings only...I assume you have removed yours) and you have since been reinbursed? He originally withdrew all of the funds including your interest in them? You are unlikely to get anywhere with this. I would look into cancelling the policy and any other joint interests, if possible. Speak to your lawyer.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
My ex has Dvo with one breach is it a breach again if he opened a letter addressed to me while living separated under same roof
What kind of person are you that wants anyone to have a criminal conviction for something so petty? As for the 2nd letter, he could easily have chucked it in the bin and you would not know it existed so how about you thank him for forwarding on mail, that you should already have had forwarded months ago? Its a simple form at the post office hun

No justice

18 May 2018
Are you seriously asking if a DVO has been breached because your ex accidentally opened your mail and made an insurance claim and received a payout under a policy that he also owns?

This ranks highly in my short list of forums post written by people who I sense may not be of sound mind. Good lord.
Thanks for the feedback it's made me realise I was lowering myself to his standards.having been in the physically and psychologically abusive relationship with this person for many years. One Day last year I found out he had been involved with a major criminal after I approached him about it then drinking half bottle of rum he made reports to.police of things I apparently did to him and his/our property police they deemed "it was probablle I did what hevalleged" and as a result was issued a protection notice he has since made 2 more false reports to police. Myself and 2 kids had to move out because of his ongoing false allegations to police . Thanks for opening my eyes and making me realise I'm stooping to his level

Reactions: SamanthaJay