Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

SA Drove the Wrong Way on Highway - Should I Report to Police?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Embarrassed, 30 January 2016.

  1. Embarrassed

    Embarrassed Member

    30 January 2016
    Likes Received:
    I accidentally drove the wrong way up a highway (60 kmph) and didn't realise until I reached the intersection. Rather than stop in the middle of the intersection I went through (no other cars on the intersection) then quickly pulled into a driveway and corrected myself. I reported it to my employer who told me to do an OHS report but not to worry about reporting it to police. I feel absolutely dreadful about it and am worried that if I don't report it and someone else does, I could be in bigger trouble. What should I do under Traffic Law?
  2. Rod

    Rod Well-Known Member

    27 May 2014
    Likes Received:
    Nothing. No-one was hurt, no property damaged.

    Though you do need to think about why it happened. Honest mistake is possible, medical issues need attention.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page