QLD DNA Testing Results - What to Expect?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

unsure

22 May 2018
Update
Met with solicitors and my ex lawyers informed my lawyers now test came back negative she wants no contact at all between bub and myself or my family.
The barrister has said i could still seek visitation but since he is so young and i have had limited visitation for the last 6 months i would likely get very short and infrequent visits and knowing my ex she would not follow these orders.
I do not believe it would be fair to put my son through that and the confusion he would have on these visits.
I also believe that she will challenge any sort of visitation and the heartbreak i am facing now will become worse in the future if my ex has her way.
The most difficult decision ever to withdraw my application but think its for my sons best as he will be the one to suffer. Hardest decision ever feeling shattered

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
Just terrible. I'm so sorry for you and your son. Not that it's any consolation but I'm sure you were a a wonderful, positive start to that little boy's life. It can only benefit him in the future.

Reactions: nat 2015

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
Wow, what a man you truely are. I commend you for your decision and wish you nothing but the best for the future.

unsure

22 May 2018
Thank you all for your replies - this is the hardest thing to deal with. You second guess your decision every second of the day. Her solicitors have said she has already started the process of removing my name from the birth certificate and will be changing his name which is what I expected. My head says I have made the right decision for my son and my sanity as I do not believe this would have got any easier as it went along only more difficult and I did not want to put my son in that position and yes not sure how you go about not thinking of him as "my son" my heart cannot comprehend any of this.
I do not understand how having so much love from myself and my family and the fact that we would protect him with our lives is a bad thing for a child to have in his life regardless of the dna..
But thank you for your information provided - it is good to have a site like this where you can get some information from other people that have had experienced family court and can provide advice.

Reactions: SamanthaJay

sammy01

27 September 2015
I'd like to also express my sympathies.
I hate to say this, but the mum sounds like the sort of character that would have stopped you seeing the child no matter what the DNA result was and he would be another child deprived of knowing his dad.
Just a thought - wait a year or so... Ask the ex if you could visit the child. Maybe when the boy is 2-3 she'd be happy to have an on-call baby sitter... But I also respect your right to walk away from this woman and all the harm she has caused you.