VIC DNA test looking for the father

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sammy12

7 August 2018
I am wanting to get a DNA test done for my child , the father is in hiding and can't be contacted what is the process for a family lawyer to find the father for a DNA test, I know it's not as easy as looking at electricity account etc so how will they look for him do they ask family members etc , my child is 2 and for medical and paternity reasons and possibly child support I want this done I'm not entitled to legal aid so it would be through a private lawyer

LouiseThomas

21 March 2018
An old friend of mine went through this. He too was hard to track down but they eventually got him. I would let them do the work because lawyers cost a fortune and it doesn't take long for things to get real expensive.

LouiseThomas

21 March 2018
and you would probably be better with a private investigator? I am not sure if lawyers do this but an investigator would be your best bet I think?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Why do you need a paternity test? Is the father on the birth certificate? Were you living together at the time of conception?