VIC DNA test looking for the father

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Sammy12, 8 August 2018.

1. Sammy12

Sammy12 New Member

I am wanting to get a DNA test done for my child , the father is in hiding and can't be contacted what is the process for a family lawyer to find the father for a DNA test, I know it's not as easy as looking at electricity account etc so how will they look for him do they ask family members etc , my child is 2 and for medical and paternity reasons and possibly child support I want this done I'm not entitled to legal aid so it would be through a private lawyer

2. LouiseThomas

LouiseThomas Well-Known Member

An old friend of mine went through this. He too was hard to track down but they eventually got him. I would let them do the work because lawyers cost a fortune and it doesn't take long for things to get real expensive.

3. LouiseThomas

LouiseThomas Well-Known Member

and you would probably be better with a private investigator? I am not sure if lawyers do this but an investigator would be your best bet I think?

4. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Why do you need a paternity test? Is the father on the birth certificate? Were you living together at the time of conception?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...