NSW Department of Childrens Services (DoCS) - How Do I Deal With Them?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

purp

13 December 2014
Hi
I need legal help regarding custody of children ASAP. I have a meeting with DOCS (Human Services) on Tuesday afternoon. I fear of losing my child (only took one for respite care) having trouble getting her back with no real excuse. I have been recording DOCS visits every time they arrive and call me on my phone.

I have discovered some evidence on the recording that would have you saying wow.. I was blown away. It could end their careers and actually hear them making accusations against me. My daughter is a behaviour troubled child. I have done everything they have requested.. But I fear I won't get my daughter back even though they have stated it's not legal proceedings its me volunteering her for 2 weeks minimum and that was 3 weeks ago.

A decision will be made on Tuesday (took her on grounds of psychological harm and emotional harm) but no evidence of it. as I said she is a behaviour troubled child with epilepsy which I have been dealing with on my own for 10 years. I would really love some legal advice on what to do about that particular recording.

I have no legal sense so to speak and really need some advice asap... I have also made a complaint to the head of DOCS in Sydney as told to do by the Ombudsman and the district manager will come to an agreement in 20 days ( submitted 9/12/2014).. Please help.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Nobody here can give you legal advice on this matter. Investigations by DOCS are complex and sensitive, so you need to book an appointment with a solicitor either privately or through Legal Aid and speak with them. Some community centres can also provide legal advice free of charge.