VIC Debt Collectors Harassing Me and Leaving Threats?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
D

Deleted member 20994

Please help, I have a debt that I need to pay, however, I made them an offer since, I know they buy debt for around 20% of the value, and instead of replying to my offer, the dogs that work their prefer to bully clients.

They are phoning me directly at least 5 times per day. If I don’t answer, they leave bullying messages on my phone. They also call from several different numbers. Sometimes they call and I answer, but they don’t speak, the line just stays silent! They also say I need to get a loan or borrow from family to pay ASAP or if not threaten what will happen next.

I can’t take it anymore and need to know how to deal with them.

They also are harassing my office and leaving threatening messages with staff to pass onto me.
I have reported them to ASIC and believe they practice misconduct to the legal guidelines of debt collection.

I am willing to pay and settle the debt, however instead of replying to my offer so I can pay, they are playing bullying games and dragging on the process.

settle

4 February 2017
Who is the debt collector chasing u

It sounds like they are breaching the ASIC debt collection guidelines

We just got a client $5k for a bank breaching the ASIC debt collection guidelines

Please keep a record of every call they make what time and date don’t tell or scream at them

The more they hassle u the more money u make

D

Deleted member 20994

Who is the debt collector chasing u

It sounds like they are breaching the ASIC debt collection guidelines

We just got a client $5k for a bank breaching the ASIC debt collection guidelines

Please keep a record of every call they make what time and date don’t tell or scream at them

The more they hassle u the more money u make
Hi thank you for your post, it’s is the infamous Pioneer Credit based in Western Australia. There are endless amounts of reports of harassment and complaints from this company I’m not sure how they are still trading!

D

Deleted member 20994

Hello, can you please advise your name and are you a lawyer?
I just want to know about you and how you can help me.
There is a reason I’m asking, I’ll fill you in once I know who you are.
Thank you for your kindness.

settle

4 February 2017
We are in the debt negotiation space

We are better than lawyers

We guarantee to reduce your debt by 50% and if we don’t u pay no FEES to us

kevin586

14 January 2019
I'll help you FREE of Charge.

Do not pay the debt. Be very, very wary of those who claim they can get you an easy result.

If they are bullying you, do as was suggested and keep a diary. DCs are NOT permitted to do that. That activity is coercion, unconscionable and is harassment which is illegal. A DC can loose their license for that and they cannot afford to have too many complaints made against them.

Write them a letter and tell them that you will communicate with them in hard copy writing only in relation to this matter and any further contact by another means may constitute harassment which is illegal and that you may report them to the DC regulator. Send the letter registered post, that you can prove they received it. Ask how at the PO.

Do NOT offer to settle or to make any regular payments no matter how small at least at this stage. By doing this you are acknowledging the debt. Do not enter into a payment plan because missing even just one monthly payment and even if its the banks fault, the DC can go straight into a court and commence bankruptcy proceedings against you.

Write to them and demand proof of claim.

Ask for a copy of the original agreement you signed, a copy of the Default letter the original lender sent you and a copy of the assignment of the debt from the lender to the debt collector.

If the DC is has purchased the debt off the original lender then not one single cent of any money you give them will go back to the original lender. It will straight into the pocket of the debt buyer.

They must produce these documents to win their case in court. if they don't have even one of these documents its unlikely they will have standing in the court. No standing equals no case.

Ask for a verified copy of the original agreement that brought the account into existence.

Download the publication, Guidelines for Creditors and Debt Collectors and read it.

contact me [email protected] if you wish.