Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Feeling Worried

7 June 2015
Hey Tracey, was wondering whether you might be able to recommend a good lawyer in Brisbane - a big ask, but I would love for it to be somebody that is personable and somebody that a person can actually relate to! I am thinking a female at this stage, but am open to suggestions. An email from my Ex suggesting how things were going to go financially has prompted this and it would be great to get some solid advice on where I actually stand prior to responding. All very depressing and incredibly worrying right now as I am determined I am not losing my house, nor am I paying him something for a property that I had for years before I met him, especially when he gave his two properties away!!

Tracy B

24 December 2014
Australia
Hi Feeling Worried,

I understand this is an extremely frustrating and anxious time for you. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Brisbane so do not know of any good lawyers there. Lawanswers as a service for recommending lawyers, try this link here.

Also, there is an article on property division you may be interested in. It explains the process and other need-to-know information. See "Property settlement after separation".