Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

Cracks on Driveway - Should I Sue Concreter?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by Cara N, 28 June 2014.

1. Cara N

Cara N Member

I had a concrete driveway poured 3 weeks ago and some cracks are starting to form. I'm pretty sure its not supposed to do that, and I am wondering what my rights are in Australian Consumer Law?

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

The Australian Consumer Law, provides service guarantees to ensure that a tradesperson will avoid causing loss or damage in the performance of their service and that the desired result will be achieved.

It requires that trades peopole providing services up to $40,000, ensure that their services are:

• performed with due care and skill
    • fit for the particular purpose required and
    • completed within a reasonable amount of time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    John R likes this.
  3. Warren Dodd

Warren Dodd Member

if a new build you have a 6 month period to get it sorted. Don't let this time lapse. If it is a category 1 defect (structural) it can be acrd on for up to 6 years.

John R likes this.