VIC Court Ordered DNA testing - Grounds and Reasons to Refuse?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MissSomeone

24 August 2015
Hi,

I currently have a court ordered DNA test from the children's court. Are there specific grounds and reasons that I can disagree and remove my consent for me and my child from doing the DNA testing?.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Look, if the court has ordered the test necessary, then they have already looked at the evidence and determined it necessary. Now if you have a reason to refuse the test then tell the good folk here and you might get some help, but coming here and looking for a reason so you can try to apply it to your case kind of looks a hell of a lot like you are just desperate to avoid the test. Not liking the possible outcome of a DNA test ain't grounds for refusal

Cairnsdad

10 January 2016
If the court order states (which I am guessing it does as I have seen DNA orders) that you must present the child to a specific medical testing centre/doctor between a date range and you do not do it then you will be breaking court orders. You do that at your peril because as you will be fronting the Judge again when they expect the results to be presented. Likely the Judge will also look at it as you have wasted the courts time and any legal representation when everyone appears to get the results and not to mention the emotional anguish that can be amplified on parties wanting to know.

Judge's won't make an order for DNA unless there is a question over paternity which you could have raised your objection to before the order was made.

I agree with sammy and cannot imagine what objection you could present after the fact that a Judge would accept.