- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Council Says Driveway Doesn't Meet Specifications - Who Pays for Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by James Michael, 30 April 2015.

  1. James Michael

    James Michael Member

    30 April 2015
    Likes Received:
    My house has an open drain out the front and a "bridge" like driveway over it connecting to the nature strip and then, the road.

    Mount Alexander Shire Council have informed me that it doesn't meet council specifications. It has been this way for 60 years or so.

    Does the council have to pay all or some of this upgrade cost, given they are responsible for maintaining the open drain, the road and they own the nature strip and the land that the "bridge" like driveway is on?

    Any help appreciated.

  2. Amanda E

    Amanda E Well-Known Member

    9 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Have you obtained a copy of your property boundaries/survey plan? See Property information Then you can see what is your responsibility and what the council is responsible for maintaining.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page