NSW contravention of orders

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rosscoe

21 October 2020
I think turning down the opportunity to see the kids is likely to cause more harm than good. Not hugely important but I would say that you should take any opportunity to see the kids. The longer they are away or not seeing the non resident parent the more cautious the court is sometimes due to disrupting primary carer relationship.

She has an obligation to tell you where she is and you have the remedy to get her to return the kids to their previous location if it impacts the dad having a meaningful relationship with the kids. If she has moved close by shouldn't be an issue. there are ways to force her to disclose where she is living.

Rosscoe

21 October 2020
If she is in breach of the final parenting orders it is probably best to bring contravention application in court

gms

30 October 2020
d
dissapointing for a little girl to have lost months of time through mediatiion and court application to receive orders and then only have eight months then another four months lost of this little girl with her dad and family through her only wanting to prove she is above everyone else

gms

30 October 2020
I think if you live inter-state then COVID generally speaking is a legitimate reason for no access. Are co-parents inter-state? I am not sure what you mean no access due to change over though? You have stated there are orders in place and the OP has moved without consent?

On that basis I would bring an application in court for a recovery order to return children to previous address and continue visitation as per parenting orders as a starting point. There are many resources on line to help with self representing in an application of this nature.
not interstate