NSW Consent Orders - What to Do When Ex Refuses to Sign?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
What was your last offer?

sydman110

22 December 2017
My last offer (last week) was from net assets 65/35 because I spent so much money with lawyer to draft consent orders and other communication but she declined to sign.

In court application: I requested 55/45 along with matrimonial debts payoff.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Right, so I assume the asset pool has dropped since you made the offer ten months ago as a result of legal fees and the like, so maybe you could review that offer and make adjustments for those extra legal fees, etc.

Obviously, we can't tell you what you should or should not agree to. That's entirely up to you to make the call. I do always think it's a good idea to negotiate at any time the other party is willing to do so, provided you do so in good faith.

sydman110

22 December 2017
Approximately how many months will it take to get the interim orders for property and children? Any ideas?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Well, you usually get interim orders on the day of the interim hearing or within a few days thereafter, but final orders take a lot longer. Maybe it's best to proceed with the interim hearing so you can get a feel for what the Court thinks is best, then review again before the next directions hearing.

Reactions: sydman110

sydman110

22 December 2017
Well, you usually get interim orders on the day of the interim hearing or within a few days thereafter, but final orders take a lot longer. Maybe it's best to proceed with the interim hearing so you can get a feel for what the Court thinks is best, then review again before the next directions hearing.

Okay, if I will have opportunity to think even after the first hearing then I would prefer that and see how that goes. The date is just around the corner.

Thank you for the info.