NSW Consent Orders - What to Do When Ex Refuses to Sign?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
It can't just be sought in your affidavit. It needs to be sought in the application, under orders sought.

You also need to state what the interest rate is and what the repayments are. Yes, the liabilities are incurring interest, but how does the Court know what to grant for repayments if it doesn't even know what the repayments are?

sydman110

22 December 2017
It can't just be sought in your affidavit. It needs to be sought in the application, under orders sought.

You also need to state what the interest rate is and what the repayments are. Yes, the liabilities are incurring interest, but how does the Court know what to grant for repayments if it doesn't even know what the repayments are?

Actually all the application was prepared by my ex-lawyer after initiating the application I have relieved my lawyer and i took over assuming all good.

I have now online access to the court portal under my name. How shall I amend the application for interim/final orders as it is a locked pdf file?

sydman110

22 December 2017
In the application for interim orders it is mentioned as below:

Property

1. Within 14 days from the date of these Orders xxxxx Lawyers are directed to disburse the monies held in their trust account as follows:

a. To the Husband for payment of the following loans:

Item No. Loan Account Details
1 bank name account number
2 bank name account number

The amounts owing was stated in affidavit, do you think it is ok?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Yeah, that should be fine.

sydman110

22 December 2017
The hearing date is near and I am self-representing, what should I take along with me to court? Any ideas, please?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
And a notepad and pen.

Won't hurt if you dress in suit and tie, either.

Reactions: sydman110

sydman110

22 December 2017
My ex is calling me now and accepting the offer that I gave her last year, like about 10 months old one.

My offer was 70% matrimonial debts payoff which was on my name (I should pay 30% from my pocket) + 100% debts payoff on her name + 70% from net asset pool to her...

Wondering if it is worth continuing with the court? Or give her the last offer again for the fact that I require some money urgently to protect my credit file...

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Did she already reject that offer?