QLD Consent order - join tenants

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Palms

12 November 2019
Probably... But if you get to have a say in the choice of a professional valuer or it's going to progress things, then half may be worth it.

truw okay hopefully this puts it to bed soon🤞🤞

sammy01

27 September 2015
and be smart, sure he should pay if he wants the valuation. Your solicitor writes to his to make that proposal = $500. His solicitor write back refusing. Your solicitor reads that letter = $500. Your out of pocket $1000. What does the valuation cost?

Palms

12 November 2019
and be smart, sure he should pay if he wants the valuation. Your solicitor writes to his to make that proposal = $500. His solicitor write back refusing. Your solicitor reads that letter = $500. Your out of pocket $1000. What does the valuation cost?

True it’s already been done should come this week. Happy pay half if it puts to bed . Hoping same cost as one I got four weeks ago surely it wouldn’t have gone up in that short amount of time

Palms

12 November 2019
One last thing guys. With this all wrapping up I need him sign over his rites by September 12th when I must sign and accept my loan documents. I’ll do that in the meantime. But what if it takes 3-6 weeks with the courts it’s cutting it fine :( my mortgage broker says with strict covid markets if I re apply for my loan again I wouldn’t get it so a lot is riding on my loan and this being done by September 12th.
Just not sure if they takes into consideration the consent orders with e courts taking 3-6 weeks for them to approve .

sammy01

27 September 2015
I'd be showing your bank your signed (but not stamped consent orders) I don't reckon you'll get them back in time so you need to be working on Plan B.

Atticus

6 February 2019
As above .... Also talk to your lawyer to see if there is a way to escalate it on grounds of urgency because of the strict timeline

Palms

12 November 2019
As above .... Also talk to your lawyer to see if there is a way to escalate it on grounds of urgency because of the strict timeline
Perhaps I can settle the house later and that can give me time for when it can take up to six weeks for the courts to stamp it. So stressed been vomiting constantly from all this stress of the strict timeline [/QUOTE]

Atticus

6 February 2019
Perhaps I can settle the house later and that can give me time for when it can take up to six weeks for the courts to stamp it.
Is your lawyer still involved or are you now dealing with this yourself? Have you submitted anything to E court yet?

Palms

12 November 2019
Is your lawyer still involved or are you now dealing with this yourself? Have you submitted anything to E court yet?

yes lawyer involved waiting for this new valuation to be done. Nothing submitted e courts cause he’s disputing property price and trying scab more money so once this is done hopefully get answer this week.
min interim I’ll accept my loan offer due September 12th and push settlement date I guess.

Palms

12 November 2019
Probably... But if you get to have a say in the choice of a professional valuer or it's going to progress things, then half may be worth it.

defintely worth the $250 to get this over. Here’s hoping for same price I got 4 weeks ago 🤞

Reactions: Atticus