QLD Consent order - join tenants

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Atticus

6 February 2019
may have to engage my lAwyer for this as he’s had paperwork for four weeks and being a dk about it !!
If your offer is reasonable in the circumstances (has your lawyer agreed that it is?) ..... If he has still not sighned off on the consent orders application coming up to the 90 day limit, & made no reasobale counter offers either, then ask your lawyer about making a final 'save as to costs' offer before filing an initiating application
Do I need to show that I’ve chased him up before going down this route?
Not strictly, but you have ample evidence that you have offered to settle this without going to court .... That will go in your favour

Palms

12 November 2019
If your offer is reasonable in the circumstances (has your lawyer agreed that it is?) ..... If he has still not sighned off on the consent orders application coming up to the 90 day limit, & made no reasobale counter offers either, then ask your lawyer about making a final 'save as to costs' offer before filing an initiating application

Not strictly, but you have ample evidence that you have offered to settle this without going to court .... That will go in your favour
My lawyer thinks it defiantly is considering he didn’t put any deposit and I’m up for lmi again incurring new debt. Thank you good to know I have that option. It has been four weeks and no response. I want to message but don’t want to seem desperate that he will try scab more money out of me. My loan expires next month but my paperwork can not be done until he signs his name off the title.

Palms

12 November 2019
So he has emailed saying he’s getting appraisals for property . Not happy with this because he will try to lift the price!! I have to valuations in April maybe I’ll get new ones to show him as he’s saying house worth $X amount with no proof!! Then I’ll get lawyer to email him because I’m done liasing with a money hungry prick!!

Atticus

6 February 2019
The way the family court works (if there is a dispute about valuation) is to appoint or order the parties to appoint a professional property valuer to assess the place.... Not a real estate agent..

Are the appraisals you got in April REA's ?

If so, I would consider getting a professional property valuer to provide a written assessment... You may very well find the the professional will give a lower valuation anyway, which is good for you. Keep it to yourself though & see what valuation he comes up with first...

Palms

12 November 2019
I have proper accredited valuations as opposed to these “appraisals” he’s getting someone to drive by my place.

I’m also getting new accredited valuations from cba, nab and anz to attach and get my lawyer to correspond to him and tell him the offer is a good deal considering he put in $0 financial contribution.

Thank you I can’t believe he’s trying to drag out my money. Once I get these new valuations my lawyer can pay it out to him and maybe he will take it more seriously and friken sign the damn papers!!