Consent orders and law firm

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jimbo!

2 February 2019
I'll try and be brief. My girlfriend has spent about $5k trying to get consent orders drawn up. This hasn't happened for a myriad of reasons, her ex being a pain in the arse, plus his solicitor making a number of boo boos on the consent orders. Now her law firm need another $3k for a retainer. She simply does not have this money. So what are her options? Can she get whatever documentation, including the draft of the consent orders, from her law firm or is that not possible? I'm thinking as she has a draft copy already she can try and communicate with her ex's lawyer and get these consent orders submitted to court. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as her ex is keeping the kids longer than the agreed amount of time, so consent orders are a must.

Dpj

1 July 2020
She can deal dire try with his lawyers. She just needs to officially get rid of her lawyer (address for service). Then she can ask his lawyer for the draft consent orders. She should be able to get whatever she has paid for from her lawyers

Jimbo!

2 February 2019
She can deal dire try with his lawyers. She just needs to officially get rid of her lawyer (address for service). Then she can ask his lawyer for the draft consent orders. She should be able to get whatever she has paid for from her lawyers
great thanks mate