VIC Communication with ex

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
Sam - I tell a lie...
Most awkward parent teacher interview? I was 25 just outa uni.... After 3 minutes the mother (approx. 40yrs old) started rubbing her foot up my trouser leg....

A school hall, full of desks, adults and children roaming about from teacher to teacher. A 45yr old man (ballpark) holding hands with his young pretty partner... The mother of the child is also there... Interview with mother causes me to have empathy for her... She looks exhausted...

So I did a course years ago - positive parenting course... On that course they said exactly the same... New partners need to be introduced slowly and with some consideration of the other person.

now in your case, you've been with the child for a while (btw - my partner does parent teacher interviews with my kids IF I can't make it, the kids mum lives 9 hours away. If mum were to choose to visit and attend parent teacher night, we would not go and I'd catch up with the teachers at another time..)
So in your case? I'm thinking given the new interim orders have put the kid into your care 100% mum would not be in attendance at parent teacher night?

Hey would you mind starting a new thread, and giving a bit of a description of how your case has gone from 30% care to 100% care.. I'm interested

that gives the rest of us middle aged women a bad name :eek:

I get you on the possible scenarios.

I'd love to be able to start a new thread and we wish we felt comfortable enough to do have done that for support over the past 6 weeks but I think it's quite a unique situation and I'm concerned about privacy and the other parent coming across it. The messaging system here doesn't appear to work?