VIC children's father moved interstate

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
28 October 2018
Hi all, Thank you for taking the time to read this.

So the story goes...
The father of my children has moved to queensland just over a month ago.

Before he moved to queensland he lived 10 minutes down the road and had our children every other weekend for two nights.

We never had a written agreement, just verbal. He doesn't pay child support but i still let him see our children.

Now he has moved to queensland on my weekend i had our boys, the next weekend he didnt come down and our boys stayed with his parents.

It was my weekend again last weekend and now his just gone.

He came down from queensland to see our boys.

This is where the tables turn and the demands start...

His parents dropped off the children tonight for their dad as he went back home to queensland earlier..

As i spoke to his parents they started making demands, saying they want their dad to see the children more.. making it out to be my fault.

I stated i dont know how that will be possible that now their dad lives in queensland.

They stated that the children will fly up to their dads at queensland after school and would arrive at their dads after 10pm.. and come back sunday night around 8.30pm

The delema is i do not agree with this.

The two children are 5 and 7 years old.
They have school Monday and would be extremely tired.

I also don't think its fair on the children for them to be doing the traveling

1 1/2 hour drive to the airport. Hours waiting for the plane then 2 hours on the plane and then waiting for baggage..

That is alot for a 5 year old and a 7 year old to handle.. especially when the 7 year old has ADHD and Autism..

I think it is only fair and I am looking out for the best interest for our boys and think their dad should fly down on his weekends.. especially when he has a place to stay down here..

My 7 year old has even spoken out tonight and told his grandparents he doesnt want to go on the plane to his dads because he finds it hard to cope with..

Sorry for the big post, but what can i do..

What are the next steps?

I feel bullied by the grand parents and father of my children.

And I am only doing what I think is best for the well-being of my children.

Please help.

Thankyou

WilmaFiinstone

22 May 2019
I would not give in to the harassment but consider a binding parenting plan for your long term peace of mind.

I love in QLD with our 10 year old daughter. Father lives in NSW. I left NSW with his consent. we had regular visitation flying up and down because he lived in Sydney and me on the gold coast. Gc /syd was a quick flight. he then moved to Canberra. 3 years ago, so she was 7, he had the same continued expectations, take out of school early on Friday to fly to Sydney then get a connecting flight to Canberra arriving at 8pm at his house and then all over again on sunday arriving back around 7pm. only had a verbal parenting agreement. we tried it for a year but daughter became ill and it was disruptive to her schooling and flying was wearing her out. she said she didn't want to fly so much anymore. raised it with him. he dismissed it and the Monday after she few down for December holidays I get a lawyers letter saying I must sign parenting consent orders. I felt it was not in her best interests.. long story short 12 months later $$$ on lawyers and the judge ruled in my favor agreeing that this was too much for her and that the dad could have her school holidays and fly up 6 times a year to see her. not sure if this helps you in away...