Car Park Accident, Need Advice

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

mojohinkey

10 December 2018
So I need some advice on who is at fault in a car park accident I had this afternoon. As I was reversing out someone has come from my blind spot to my left as I was looking the other way to ensure I did not hit the car to my right as I reversed out. This person has then tried to pull into the spot on my left as I am in the middle of reversing out and as they have done so the front left of my car has contacted the front right of hers.
I personally do not feel at fault as I was already reversing out as they attempted to pull into the spot to my left. They also pulled in quite wide and I am not 100% sure but I believe the contact may have occurred on my side of the lines.

Last edited:

Adam1user

5 January 2018
So I need some advice on who is at fault in a car park accident I had this afternoon. As I was reversing out someone has come from my blind spot to my left as I was looking the other way to ensure I did not hit the car to my right as I reversed out. This person has then tried to pull into the spot on my left as I am in the middle of reversing out and as they have done so the front left of my car has contacted the front right of hers.
I personally do not feel at fault as I was already reversing out as they attempted to pull into the spot to my left. They also pulled in quite wide and I am not 100% sure but I believe the contact may have occurred on my side of the lines.

carpark accidents are a bit tricky, so it is best to call your insurance company, they will best to advice.