NSW Car accident with Truck

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sanjeev Kumar

12 March 2019
I (car) had an accident with a Truck where my car was written off and there were very little damages to the Truck. I was uninsured. The weather was extremely bad, hailing and raining at the same time. It was happened on the highway with 2 lanes. I was driving really slow, according to the suitable weather conditions and the visibility. I was in left lane and was trying to merge into right lane as I thought it wasn't safe enough to drive in left lane. The truck seems to be driving not according to the weather conditions. The insurance company of the truck is considering me to be at fault and claiming for their damages which are nearly $42000. They have supplied a video footage from the truck's dashcam (I have attached to this post). They have sent me a letter of demand and said if I didn't pay the money, they will take me to court. I have also attached the photos of Truck damages. I want to know few things.

I am not sure if I am at fault
The money that they are claiming looks to be too much for those
damages

rs7y63V
sOL9U5s
UGIQIBs
S1GTunq
3rYW0VJ