VIC Car Accident with Cyclist

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Might be a good time to get legal advice.

Remember the TAC in Vic covers most costs of accidents. Not sure of the detail though.

praxidice

30 May 2014
An associate of mine had an essentially similar experience a while back. Attending police advised.the driver was not at fault although a summons for failing to drive with due care and attention was issued months later. Eventually it was established the cyclist was telling a porkie regarding location prior to the altercation and police withdrew. Mind you the cost to the driver was significant with a barrister required to challenge police. I have no doubt that police often resort to this kind of tom-foolery knowing full well that most of their victims can't afford to fight them and the legal profession is complicit in charging exorbitant fees that have reduced justice to a commodity where the amount available is proportional to what any given individual can afford to purchase. Its been said that the law is an ass however I wouldn't agree. An ass is a noble creature put on earth by the Bloke Upstairs to carry stuff whereas the law is nothing but a bludgeon with which to beat the sheeple into submission whilst robbing them under the guise of legality.