Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

WA Can I Claim Travel Costs and Lost Wages from Ex?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by ELJ, 23 August 2016.

  1. ELJ

    ELJ Active Member

    5 November 2015
    Likes Received:
    My ex refused to sign a Memorandum of Consent Orders to close out a Civil Claim he made against me 2+ years ago. He agreed it was paid in full but refused to sign the form as he is said he is technically not legally obligated to. I have been told to submit an Affidavit and a Form 23 to have the matter brought to a judge.

    As he is content with wasting my time, his own time and the time of the courts with this matter in court, I would like to claim damages in the form of my travel costs and lost wages. Is this something I can do and if so, how?

    I work up north so I will need to pay for a return ticket that is outside of my contracted 1 return flight per swing and I will lose roughly 2 days of annual leave depending on when I can be flown in and out from work.
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest

    There is no prima facie right to compensation for someone simply messing you around. In cases of negligence and contractual breach you could claim these losses but not otherwise.

Share This Page